When i stumbled across this recipe a few nights ago
it was extremely hard to resist the urge to jump out of bed and make them immediately
Baked Apples with Brown Sugar inside!
I have had the slices of apples baked at Cracker Barrel
but never cooked this way
Super easy to do!
1) Pick out your pretty apples
2) Core the apple or cut out a little hole
3) Mix the brown sugar in (You can add raisin, pecans, oatmeal)
4) Add a little dab of butter on top of each one
5) Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes, until soft not mushy.
(put 3/4 cup of boiling water in pan with apples
and pour over apples after you have finished baking
for more nummy juice)
Here is the whole recipe and more pictures!
Heres the one with oatmeal:
Im no Betty Crocker but i am determined to make some fall/holiday treats this year!